We have an immediate opening for a full time locksmith at one of our major clients. Our company is looking for someone who stands out and has a natural eye for detail and customer service.
Why you should consider joining SAF Technologies We are growing tremendously and are need of experienced people such as yourself. If you are happy where you are today, congratulations and good for you. We are a company that is focused on three things, employees, and quality and customer service. How do we give back to our employees? We have numerous events for our employees each year and each December we give out not only our Christmas bonuses to employee but we presented our annual awards for: Most Valuable Employee of the Year, Manager of the Year, Technician of the Year, SAF Award for Innovation and the Owners' Special Recognitions award. So if you are ever looking to grow professionally and looking to join a very excited team, please contact us for a no pressure, no obligation conversation.
Installing and maintaining door assembly, locking, and keying systems as outlined by the Lead Specialist.
Follow the Lead Specialist coordinated sequence of tasks to ensure security of rooms, buildings, and equipment.
• Works from printed or digital (Tablet or laptop) floor plans to identify proper room numbers to cross reference with proper repair, replacement or keying tasks.
• Document door components, locking hardware, controls, and keying on each doorway on Microsoft Excel spreadsheets or other software as required.
• Document operational, life-safety, or security issues with other door assemblies in proximity to assigned work.
• Key or rekey lock cylinders to match customer’s key systems as outlined by the Lead Specialist.
• Modify new or existing door and frame assemblies as needed to accommodate the hinges, locking hardware, or door control being installed.
• Installs new operational, locking, control, and protection hardware on door assemblies including but not limited to:
o Continuous hinges, pivots, exit devices, mortise, cylindrical, or combination locks, closers, stops, armorplates, etc.
• Repair, rebuild lock mechanisms and cylinders with new parts, adjust lock sets, disassembles locks, removes worn-out parts, repairs or replaces springs, or pins; reassembles, installs, and verifies proper operation.
• Rebuild lock cylinders with new parts, adjust lock sets, and cut new keys for cabinet doors/drawers, gates, desks, and storage equipment.
• Perform other related assigned tasks as required by Lead Specialist or Manager.
Pass drug screening and criminal background check (for security license)
Ability to legally work in the United States
Have and maintain a clean driving record
Demonstrated ability to fluently understand and speak English.
Demonstrated ability to read English installation, operating, and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, schedules, specifications, and diagrams
Demonstrated ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
Demonstrated ability to use a smartphone and/or tablet device.
Ability to write simple correspondence by hand, email, and text.
Ability to effectively present simple information to customers when instructed to do so by Lead or Manager.
Ability to accurately complete and submit documentation (written or digital) on time each day/week/month as required
Always communicate with managers, co-workers, and customers in a respectful, courteous, and professional manner
Always maintain a neat and clean professional appearance
Always maintain safe work habits in compliance with SAF Technologies policies and procedures
Ability to work alone with minimal supervision as required
Living within 25 miles of Charlotte
Two years of experience or trade school in door assembly related carpentry, metal-working, or Locksmithing. Education may be substituted for experience as determined relevant by SAF Technologies
Ability to push, pull and lift at least 50lbs. safely
Ability to kneel, crouch and stoop
Ability to reach above and below the shoulders
Ability to use hands and fingers to grasp, twist, and pull.
Ability to perform fine motor skills and to use hand or power tools to perform assigned tasks.
Ability to climb a ladder and work above ground
Withstand external weather conditions year-round.
Clean Driving Record and Local Driver’s License
Clean Criminal Record
Clean Drug Screening upon Hire
Internal Number: Comm. Door & Hardware
About SAF Technologies Inc.
SAF Technologies, Inc. is located in Matthews, NC and was founded. We are a privately held company and have both a Commercial Door and Hardware Division and an Electronic Security Division. We are an employee centric company where employees come first, even before customers. We are committed to Extreme Customer Service(R), Quality Installations and taking care of our employees. Once people join our family, they do not leave. Often times potential employees say they are looking for a home and once they join the family they say that they have found it!