1. Assist and/or perform proper maintenance, repairs and modifications as necessary (within in-house capabilities) on plumbing, and HVAC equipment, minor roof, and building repairs.
2. Performing preventive maintenance as defined by the manufacturer or the Facility Services Department specifications.
3. Performing and/or assisting with repairs relating to plumbing, general maintenance, and/or other mechanical, or electrical systems as required.
4. Willing to train and upgrade knowledge in assigned duties.
5. Showing initiative in the job to ensure a continuous, timely and efficient operation, using good judgment without constant or direct supervision, and being alert for new ideas and improvements.
6. Ensuring that the workshop, storerooms and all rooms associated with the general maintenance and Locksmith equipment are maintained in a clean and orderly manner.
7. Being prepared to change and adjust schedule by the season, quarter or semester, and when otherwise necessary to perform tasks deemed appropriate by the Facility Services Director or other appropriate DTCC officials.
8. Willing and readily cooperative in being pulled off of your regular work assignment as needed to help out in other areas for temporary or emergency situations.
9. Being respectful of all employees, including your immediate peers.
10. Uniforms, as furnished by DTCC, will be worn during normal working hours and kept clean and neat in appearance.
11. All safety equipment as furnished by DTCC will be used as required by OSHA, the Durham Tech Safety Compliance Officer, and the Facility Services Department.
12. All communication equipment as furnished by DTCC will be properly maintained and used in compliance with all FCC regulations and as required by the Facility Services Department.
13. Following work assignments as given by your supervisor and/or Director, Facility Services.
14. Following all work order procedures as directed by your supervisor and required by the Facility Services Department.
15. Being regular and punctual in attendance and willing to cooperate with the other employees to get the job done.
16. Additional duties shall include other appropriate activities as assigned by the Director of Facility Services, Chief Division Officer and/or the President.
The Locksmith/Facility Technician is responsible for ensuring that Durham Technical Community College's (DTCC) buildings and equipment are maintained in a professional and timely manner. The employee is to perform assigned tasks in a cooperative, safe and competent manner, achieve the objectives of the Facility Services Department, and accomplish all duties as specified in the contract of employment.