The CCCU is looking for a part-time maintenance specialist for our Washington, DC, offices. This person would work in conjunction with the facilities manager to maintain and upkeep our physical facilities. This is a part-time position (approximately 16 hours/week), and is available beginning July 2017.
The Council is a professional association of 180 campuses in 20 nations whose mission is to advance the cause of Christ-centered higher education and to help our member institutions transform lives by faithfully relating scholarship and service to biblical truth. The Council coordinates professional development opportunities for administrators and faculty, manages U.S. based and international off-campus student programs, provides public advocacy for Christ-centered higher education and manages cooperative efforts among its member campuses (www.cccu.org).
This person will help maintain and improve the physical facilities and should have knowledge and experience with the following:
- Drywall patching and repair
- Caulking and sealing
- Installation of basic facilities amenities (doors, ceiling fans, furniture assembly, etc.)
- Basic yard maintenance (trimming, weed whacking, mulching, etc.)
- Basic plumbing tasks (replacing toilets, changing sink cartridges, unclogging toilets, etc.)
- Snow removal and winter maintenance
- Other building maintenance tasks (replacing lightbulbs, switching out A/C filters, door repair, flooring repair, etc.)
Additional knowledge and experience not required, but desirable in a candidate include:
- Electrical experience
- Landscaping experience (skills over and above maintenance, including planting and yard design)
- Plumbing experience (advanced above basic tasks)
- HVAC experience
- Locksmith experience
- Carpentry experience
Other duties as assigned by supervisor.