Position Number: 010052
Department: Facilities Management (Adm)
Employment Type: Permanent - Full-time
Months Per Year: 12
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The FM Technician Building Trades performs under the direction of the Renovations supervisor.
1. Provide career tracks included but not limited to: Cabinetmaking, Carpentry, Locksmith, Masonry, Painting, Plastering, and Roofing that perform a variety of tasks ranging from routine and unskilled to highly skilled.
2. Apply methods and general procedures of applicable trades/maintenance techniques and develop skills in procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment appropriate to trade.
3. Tasks may include: maintenance, repair, placement, fabrication, installation, alteration, construction and design of facility components requiring the application of skills in planning, problem solving, attention to detail, teamwork, communication and knowledge of and adherence to safety policies and procedures.
4. Position may serve as lead technician and/or crew leader, directing the work of others.
Minimum Experience / Education:
Graduation from high school or equivalent and two years experience. Experience in the trade(s) areas related to the position’s role may be substituted on a year-for-year basis.
Preferred Education Skills and Experience:
1. Two years' of experience with metal stud framing.
2. Experience with dry wall installation and repair.
3. Experience reading and using applicable building codes for construction.