The College of Southern Nevada appreciate your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
• Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
• Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
• Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your ON-LINE application, you may send them to Human Resources via email mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (702) 651-5778.
Based on the volume of applications received this recruitment may close at any time. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Locksmiths are responsible for the maintenance of the entire master key system for a major facility and the installation and maintenance of locking devices and systems including bored cylinder, tumbler, electronic, magnetic, high security, and push button combination locks, door and lock alarm sensors, and panic exit devices. Develop and maintain the master key system for the facility to ensure security; meet with agency staff regarding keying requirements; develop a keying schedule manually or through use of a software program; issue and maintain records of keys issued; and update the master key system as offices and buildings are remodeled and locksets are repined. Install locksets including bored cylinder, electronic, magnetic, and push button combination locks, panic exit devices, cabinet and desk locks, door and lock alarm sensors, and padlocks in order to provide and maintain security. Maintain and repair locks, door closers, door and alarm sensors, and associated door hardware; inspect, clean, adjust and lubricate parts and mechanisms and repair or replace worn or damaged devices and door hardware in order to maintain locking systems in proper working order. Repin locks to maintain security; remove the cylinder; assign an appropriate pin code; repin the cylinder; cut keys; and change the keyway of a building to make former keys inoperable as required. Develop specifications for construction and remodeling jobs and order required materials that are in compliance with Americans with Disabilities Act, building codes, and other requirements; order replacement locksets and equipment to maintain adequate level of inventory. Open and repair vaults and money safes; unlock vehicles and file cabinets; originate keys to replace lost ones, and duplicate keys by code or through use of a duplicating machine as requested by agency staff. Perform related duties as assigned.
• Completion of a recognized locksmith apprenticeship program followed by one year of journey level locksmithing experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience; OR one year of experience as a Locksmith I in Nevada State service.
• Working knowledge of electronic and automated locking devices and systems; workplace safety rules and regulations
• Ability toorder replacement lockets and equipment to maintain the proper level of inventory
• Organize and coordinate the work of others; prepare documentation concerning the performance of assigned personnel
• Working knowledgeofprinciples and practices of training and work direction; agency policies and procedures regarding security and key control
• Ability todesign and install locking mechanisms and systems in a complex facility; enforce safety, security and custodial measures for the supervision of inmates;
• Plan and organize major projects and delegate work to subordinate
Grade 31, Step 1- Grade 31, Step 10
$40,862.16 - $60,092.64
To be considered for this position, please upload the following documents to your application:
• Resume /CV - List a detailed description of the major duties that you performed as part of each job. You must demonstrate that you qualify for the position and your education and experience must be clearly documented.
• Cover Letter
• Unofficial College Transcripts (optional)
Out of Area/State Candidates will not be offered travel reimbursement ?
INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box.
If you complete an application outside of the internal application process, your application will be returned and you will have to reapply as an internal applicant which may delay your application.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received on or before the closing date posted on the job announcements.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit http://apptrkr.com/1235794
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a person’s age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.